Our current vacancies (either full time or on a freelance basis) will be posted below.
Front-End Web Developer
We’re looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our Leeds-based web agency, initially on a freelance basis.
We’re looking for someone that can:
- Take our designs (in Photoshop or InDesign) and transform them into front-end static templates.
- Integrate our static templates into CMS templates.
- Carry out CMS builds, taking user requirements and building out the CMS from scratch. Our CMS of choice is Craft CMS, but we also have clients that use ExpressionEngine and WordPress.
- Support and maintain our existing client websites.
- Work to their own initiative and can pick up new things quickly.
- Work using Git version control using multiple development environments.
- Quick to pick up new skills, and willing to delve into documentation to figure things out.
- Knowledge of PHP
- Knowledge of Twig
- Knowledge of CMS’s (Craft CMS, ExpressionEngine and WordPress)
- Version control using Git
- Familiar with front-end Frameworks, e.g. Bootstrap
- Familiar with building responsive HTML newsletters
- Ability to write simple CMS plugins using PHP (e.g. Craft CMS plugins)
- Ability to write queries using MySQL
- Familiar with web hosting and basic server administration (cPanel/WHM, Amazon S3/EC2, Plesk)
- Can work using local, staging and production environments
- Familiar with Shopify and their Liquid templating language
- Familiar with building or maintaining eCommerce websites, e.g. Shopify, Craft Commerce, CartThrob, Woo Commerce, etc
- Familiar with setting up payment gateways and working with APIs
- Familiar with aMember Pro
- Setting up reports and insights using Google Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO best practice
- Ability to work to own initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to write good, clean code and mark-up that is well documented.
- Attention to detail.
- Efficient and hard-working.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to learn new skills and figure things out if you become stuck.
- The ability to pick up projects built by someone else and to help maintain and support these projects.
- An interest and passion for web design, with a keen interest in the latest web trends and technology. We’re always open to new and improved ways of working.
The salary/rates will be dependent on skills and experience.
This job is initially on a freelance basis but it may lead to a full-time role.
We’re based in the Tetley building in Leeds. Ideally, we’d like someone to work from here with us but we are open to remote working for the right candidate. You would need to be UK based though, as there will be occasions when we will need you to meet our clients.
About Made by Bridge
We have a small but experienced team that have been building websites for over 15 years. We also work with a number of contractors and freelancers who bring in a wealth of experience to our projects.
We work with a range of clients from SME’s, to charities, to multi-national corporations, and everything in between. We work directly with own clients as well as working with a number other agencies to help deliver their website projects.
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us where you saw this job advert. Tell us a bit about yourself, what you’ve worked on so far (with examples/links that we can look at), tell us why you’d like to join our team, and attach your CV. Be sure to let us know the rates/salary you’re expecting too.
Strictly no agencies.